Friday, March 14, 2008

Feeling too creative!

Apparently 2008 is the year of creativity for me. I am working on a few projects this evening (that I will post sometime this weekend when I get pictures taken) and I was thinking that I have made a few fun, creative things this year, and fortunately I have started this blog and I will be able to keep track of them seeing as most of them have been given away as gifts!

Then I remembered one I had not posted. And truthfully, it would be part of a 2007 collection, but who's really counting?

I made gratitude journals for my sister and for my dear friend Cory for Christmas. I know I stole the idea from someone, but I do not feel like finding it right now. I believe Cathy and Ali posted it, but that it may have orginally been Emily Falconbridge's idea.
My journals involved a 6 x 6 album made from 52 pieces of paper, one for each week of the year. I even tried (as my sister noted on Valentine's Day) to match seasonal paper to the correct week. The crazy part was that I wrote a quote on each page and stamped the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 on each page. I will probably not do that part if I ever do that again. Here's a look at the inside...the page on the left was actually a transparency:
So now, they can each write down 7 things they are thankful for each week. The other cool thing is I used Hambly clear acrylic sheets for the cover and the back. The title is on the clear acrylic with stickers:

I am eager to see how they turn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a very cool project and gift! I write down my 7 items then scrapbook a little collage of the week on a facing page. Since I haven't done much other scrapbooking this year, I will treasure this book! Thanks again Amy. :)

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this gift. Thanks again SO much.